VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Just joined!
Found my daughter a great deal on a mint condition, 2010 convertible,w/88k miles, for $8,800! woohoo!:banana:
Anyway, only problem so far is passenger headlight, ground or plug/connection problem. Intermittent problem. on and off,when hitting bumps or hitting gently with your hand.
Am i on the right track to getting to the bottom of this problem?

Anyway, thanks and we will be seeing you Beetles around!lol!:guitar:

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Hey, I would inspect the wiring harness and plugs for the head lights. Many have had problems with the wiring and plus being damaged and needing replaced, the wires being of low quality. One company has reproduced the small harnesses and plugs with higher gauge and quality and wire, which is supposed to be more durable, less prone to failure.

Genuine vw parts:

Plugs

http://parts.vw.com/parts/2010/Volk...component=&searchText=&startRow=181&maxRow=10

You might contact aa Rodriguez and see if these will work for your car or if they can make you a harness that will:

http://www.fixmyvw.com/vw-beetle-headlight-harness/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies.
Here was my problem>>>>> The plug/harness was not connecting good enough. The male was not going into the female far enough.lol! but for real at the same time! lol
Anyway, i pulled the entire assembly out, and seen a mounting adjustment screw in the far back of the braket to the left. Loosened it, moved the position of the mount as far as it would go, upwards, and to the right, re-assembled, and BOOM,contact was made!
This enabled the male to go further into that female! Wooo-Hoooo!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the fuel filter?

Where is my fuel filter located?
I am reading about there being 2 different places. One w/plastic gas tank and the other w/ metal. I did not see one under the car in front of the rear wheel. Does this mean mine is in the fuel tank?
2010 2.5L 5cyl.convertible auto.
Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Woot!:banana:
Welcome fellow Floridian, from the opposite end of I-10, in Jacksonville, FL. My wife was raised in Pensacola...small world :)
Hope you get the kinks worked out on your beetle. Looks like you have a few good orgers helping you out. Keep us posted on your progress, and take some pictures of your beetle when you can.
Welcome aboard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts