VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Debbie, and I am from Suffolk, Va. This is my first post on the forum. I just purchased a black 2012 2.5L Beetle last week, but she's still at the VW dealer getting her door fixed from where they had the window recall so I haven't had her at home. :(

This is my first Beetle, but our second VW. My husband has a VW Jetta GLI that we both love so when I was in the market for a new car of course it had to be a VW and of course for me it had to be a Beetle. I haven't named her yet, but that will come.

I just booked our room for the T.O.D. a few minutes ago and knew we had to do that when I found this forum.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

~Debbie~

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Hey, I'm a Debbie, too! :queen:

Welcome to the Org, VW Sistah! :D I hope you are enjoying your Beetle very soon! :eek:

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Debbie and by the way, you have the best name. :D Thanks for the welcome.

I am bugging the service department everyday. They are the worst. Needless to say we will be using another VW dealer next time. I will post pics of her when I get her.

~Debbie

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Find yourself a local independant VW shop - STAT! They are nearly all, if not all, family owned, and rely on us to keep them in business. They rely on their reputation, not a corporate dollar.

Say bye bye to dealer service!!! :mad:

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely look into that. We got a call from the dealer saying they are actually replacing the whole door now on the car. They were having a problem getting the panel or foam to stick and stay so they are actually replacing the whole door. I guess that's good, but I want my car already, Whaaaaa lol :(

~Debbie

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,419 Posts
hi Deb, welcome to the .org. I'm close by in Yorktown. Can't wait to see pics! :)

Warren

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, Warren (wave) nice to meet you. My husband was stationed in Yorktown with the USCG 4 years ago so I know exactly where you are. Plus, we both are from Newport News originally. :D

I bet you might know of a few local places that work on VW's. I saw one called Euros Pros but that would be a haul for getting work done. My hubby has a 2009 VW Jetta GLI that he loves.

~Debbie

·
Coastie Wife
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, ******. I think I know where that area is. We have family in Burnsville, NC and we go over Little Switzerland to get there. :D Looks like fun.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts