NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hey guys i'm new here and glad i found this site.

I recently bought a 2003 VW New Beetle Turbo 2.0 engine.

But the thing is that is it Yellow and i wanted to get ideas to make it more fitting for a guy. At the moment it is having its new clutch installed so i have to wait to get it back. But can you guys link me or tell me places i can look at Yellow Beetles to get ideas?

Thanks alot, Michaell :)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I don't think anywhere got a 2 liter turbo engine in the NBs. It is most likely a 1.8T.

Welcome to the Org! Making it fast can always make it more manly :) I'd start with a tune, personally. Tint may help too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well honestly i opened the hood and it says 2.0 V Turbo. Don't know much about a cars engine or parts but i have a idea of how to make it look nice! Haha. I'm currently browsing through the galleries thanks!:)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
But the thing is that is it Yellow and i wanted to get ideas to make it more fitting for a guy. Thanks alot, Michaell :)
Welcome to the Org Michaell!
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

I see you've visited Fowvay's thread, here is another
http://newbeetle.org/forums/photos-new-beetles/17744-evanrudes-2002-1-8t-dycc.html
Stephen's is anything but feminine.

You don't say which yellow, but an easy way to "masulinize" it would be a black racing stripe or standard turbo side stripes, what ever they call those.

Have fun with your new (yes you have a Turbo!) ride!

Finish up your info in the User CP so we all know what you drive and where. And everyone here loves pics.

MORAV

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Welcome to the party Michaell:bigthumb:

Always cool having another beetle boy join the fold:cool:

Mo referred you to 2 awesome yellow beetles:goodjob:. I'd also peruse some of the other non-yellow beetle photo threads just to get ideas. For me, black wheels with a chrome/polished aluminum lip always look good. Tint for sure makes a difference. Research is the key mang- still we're here to help.

Please keep posting, especially some pics:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol you guys are awesome! thanks alot!

And that's what i had in mind Black Chrome rims 17' and painting the Hood and trunk black!

I will post pictures when i get the car from the shop! i promise! thanks alot! :)

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Lol you guys are awesome! thanks alot!

And that's what i had in mind Black Chrome rims 17' and painting the Hood and trunk black!

I will post pictures when i get the car from the shop! i promise! thanks alot! :)
Black hoods are pretty hot on our beetles- the hood will look choice too:bigthumb:

Looking forward to the pics:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts