NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 98'white beetle and its looks pretty good for its age. I have always wanted a VW Beetle, every since my brother had one when I was in high school some long years back in life, that's another story. Anyway, I bought this car knowing it had some issues, but nothing concerning the keys, I thought it was the battery. NO...it was the Key.

When we started the car it crank once and wouldn't crank again. We learned the reason why because we had the vale key and the car had been sitting for a long time,(several months). The person I bought the car from said they didn't have the main security fob key,only the vale key. So, I'm out of luck and I don't won't to have to go to the dealer.

My question is what other resources/avenues are there that I can use to fix this situation. I really need help. I am ready to hit the road again is my bug... Help!!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
You have a '98 so there is no immobilizer that should keep the car from staying running. Valet key can run the car, even if there was an immobilizer. Have you checked the battery? Do you have a 2.0L or a TDI?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts