NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Deathwatch Beetle since 2005, it's a 2000 ym on an X plate (I'm in the UK). Every year it breaks down like clockwork, normally between June and August, which it did again this year! So I paid out again to get it fixed. All was sort of ok....until it breaks again.
But now the driver's door is stuck shut! I have watched videos, read posts etc but I cannot get the door open. I can't take the interior panel off because I can't get to the star/hexagon screws on the bottom of the door. I've hit the outside of the door, pulled on the door release handle inside the car. But nothing. My mechanic says that the door lock has gone and that it's going to cost a lot of money to get fixed! The car is only valued at 拢600. I've already spent 拢480 on it this year. Is there any way I can get the door unlocked??? I don't care about getting it fixed, I'm going to have to try and get a loan to buy a newer van.
But in the meantime I'm climbing other the centre console to get into the driver's seat, not very professional! I use my car to deliver flowers (I'm a florist).
I would gratefully receive any advice please, you guys/girls know a lot more about Beetles than I do.
Thank you in advance.
Maria

Registered

Here are a couple of possibilities on getting your door open. There are also videos on replacing the door lock module which is fairly easy. You can even use parts from a breaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts