NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

My father just got a new 2012 Beetle. He didn't check with me before buying one straight off the lot, so I wasn't able to advise on options. His night vision isn't great and it's really important to me that he has HID headlamps for their greater contrast and throw (I went to a lot of trouble to source Euro OEM HIDs for his previous '06 Jetta).

As far as I can tell by using the various vehicle configurators on the VW web site, there is no OEM HID option for U.S. Beetles. Is that correct? If so, is their a Euro option? Or if I am reading the options list wrong and there is a U.S. HID option, does anyone know if the stock headlamps can be upgraded/replaced?

I know that there are lots of Chinese-made "HID" upgrades that are just ballast and bulb, but that's not what I'm looking for -- I want to do this properly (if I can).

Many thanks,

/adam

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
Their is OEM HID option for the U.S beetle BUT is only offered on the highest trim turbo model. They are only in a package. I don't know about and after market lights available.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do you know if it's possible to swap out the stock headlamps (and reflectors, I suspect) with the OEM HIDs from the Turbo trim?

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I'm sure you could. It might require a little extra work. No just plug and play. And don't quote me but I believe that in the package the lights are listed as $600 or $700 possibly more. They won't be cheap. Like I said don't quote me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts