- Control Modules for each side

Thank You!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Problem: Both headlights still not working

sb_beetle:
Thank you again for your assistance back in the Summer. I have been out of town, so just getting to this project.
Prior to our conversation here, I had taken my 05' VW New Beetle GLS TURBO - 1.8L L4 PFI DOHC to the local VW dealer (I know, dumb idea). I am pretty confused as to what the dealer is recommending and was hoping you might understand.
I have attached a document for you to take a look at. The Top "Blue" section is where the dealer states 1) FOUND BOTH FRONT HEADLAMP CONTROL MODULES TO BE FAULTY, AND 2) BOTH FRONT HEADLAMP REPLACEMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Do they mean both of the whole headlamp assemblies need replacing?
The Bottom "White" schematics section is also from the dealer. When I discussed this with the service mgr, he was trying to tell me Component # 1 (on both sides) needed replacement. I thought #4 was the Headlamp Control Module??? Also, where is component #1 located anyway....This does not look familiar and I cannot find it (J343 or J344) anywhere to purchase. You think this why they say "Both headlamps need replacing"??? Really confusing.

By the way, I already replaced the drivers-side #4 Control Module and both-side's wiring harnesses a year ago. I bought the Control Module new on Amazon (OEM AL Xenon Pt # 1307329090 and VW Pt # 7M3907391). I understood it would fit any 05-09 VW Beetle, Golf, GTI & Jetta models. But, my wife told me not long after I left town, both headlights just stopped working again.

Not sure what to do here. Thoughts? Thx.

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
*Problem: Both headlights still not working

sb_beetle:
Thank you again for your assistance back in the Summer. I have been out of town, so just getting to this project.
Prior to our conversation here, I had taken my 05' VW New Beetle GLS TURBO - 1.8L L4 PFI DOHC to the local VW dealer (I know, dumb idea). I am pretty confused as to what the dealer is recommending and was hoping you might understand.
I have attached a document for you to take a look at. The Top "Blue" section is where the dealer states 1) FOUND BOTH FRONT HEADLAMP CONTROL MODULES TO BE FAULTY, AND 2) BOTH FRONT HEADLAMP REPLACEMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Do they mean both of the whole headlamp assemblies need replacing?
The Bottom "White" schematics section is also from the dealer. When I discussed this with the service mgr, he was trying to tell me Component # 1 (on both sides) needed replacement. I thought #4 was the Headlamp Control Module??? Also, where is component #1 located anyway....This does not look familiar and I cannot find it (J343 or J344) anywhere to purchase. You think this why they say "Both headlamps need replacing"??? Really confusing.

By the way, I already replaced the drivers-side #4 Control Module and both-side's wiring harnesses a year ago. I bought the Control Module new on Amazon (OEM AL Xenon Pt # 1307329090 and VW Pt # 7M3907391). I understood it would fit any 05-09 VW Beetle, Golf, GTI & Jetta models. But, my wife told me not long after I left town, both headlights just stopped working again.

Not sure what to do here. Thoughts? Thx.
Looks like #1 is integrated into the headlamp assembly (can’t be separated or bought as its own part?)
Check out www.1stVWParts.com 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts