NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the interiors some people have done on their NB's on this site, Everyone is extremely talented! So 2 days ago I decided to sand and paint my Spedo Bezel and the Stereo piece that goes all the way to the windshield. It is a VERY sunny and hot day here in New Brunswick...As I was heading into the sun, I could not see out of my windshield because of the glare coming off the pieces I painted.

Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? When I got home I did a 3000 grit wet sand..Looks good but not as good as it was when it was clear coated.

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
There's a reason that flat black is used on the dash....... Doh! :home:

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
That's one of the reasons I didn't paint mine initially. If I eventually do it will be more of a flat or satin finish

·
Registered
107 Posts
I painted mine purple and don't have any problem with glare and I live in Florida. I think your problem is the clear coat....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was, I wet sanded the plastic and cut the shine down by 50%, but it is still noticeable. Purple would almost be like black in the glare sense that is. I did mine Diamond Silver VW paint match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts