NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, so I decided that I want to do my beetle interior with my own fabric that I picked out from Joanns. This is the first time I have ever used a sewing machine, so its not the best. I put the shifter boot in my beat up 98 vw jetta tdi (parting it out soon)just to see if i could do it.Please excuse how gross the interior is lol. here is the finished product. tell me what you guys think of my work and what you think of the design that i picked for my black beetle with black/gray interior. I havent done any mods yet and i want to pretty her up!:D

This is the image of the fabric design. Its black and purple. You couldnt really tell in the other pictures.

·
Super Moderator
14,718 Posts
If it works for ya, then fabulous! And, if it gets dirty, tears, or you just get tired of it, then you just make a new one! :D

Winning! :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! I sew all the time and that's a great idea I'm definitely going to try this!

Sent from Olivia's Autoguide iPhone app
Im so glad that I sparked some creative thoughts! When I make my next boot though I'm going to add interface to the back of the cotton material to make it a thicker quality. I suggest that you do the same if you get cotton or another thin material. Its great because you can pick any design that you want! If you end up making one for yourself make sure you post some pics!:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts