VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hers some shots of Homer , and his pilot ,
thats the great american ballpark in cincinnati in the background , kath loves her Reds !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,795 Posts
Oh man! I've been hoping that an Org member had one of these! I love 'em! Those seats are to-die-for! :clap:

More pics, please! :D

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he took over herbies place in the garage , his mommy is spoiling him, i backed him out today to work on some stuff in the garage and she kept coming out and seeing if i was getting him dirty etc ,
like i said before , ive created a monster !

so now hes back in the garage safe and sound ,

ill try to add some more picures later , i just figured out how to resize my pictures today an easy way , only taken 5 or 6 years on here ,,lol

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
heres what homer looked like when we brought him home from jersey
the previous owner had the stiches taken off cause she was a lawyer and she didnt think it was appropriate for a lawyer to drive a baseball , the car was given to her by her uncle
her and her hubby pretty much abused the poor little guy
i got in contact with another owner of one of the other 16 cars and he sent me very detailed pictures of all the decals on him , i then took them to a graphis place here in town and they reproduced them and applied them , they did a pretty good job , and kathy loves her little fastball!

oh and the seats were as dry as cardboard , it took 3 bottles of conditioner to get them plyable again

Attachments

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
this is my fovorite picture , its a picture of kathy cleaning homer , now may not seem out of the ordinary to many of you , but for kathy to be cleaning a volkswagen is a rare treat !
i havnt seen it done since 1975 or 76 ,,
i took it for the kids to see , they would not of beleived it if i hadnt taken the picture !

he was filthy inside and out , there was coffee standing in the cup holders and under them , i couldnt believe these people didnt clean him before selling him , im glad we rescued him ,,so is he

Attachments

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Homer is awesome!! Hey Jerry! Do you still sell the flowers with the NBs hanging from em like the one Homer has in his budvase?

I would love one! :eek:

·
2015 Acura TLX
5,429 Posts
That car looks GREAT!!! (and I'm not even a baseball fan)...

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks !

kathy isnt a big beetle fan , she just supports my love and habits ,,but when i showed her one of these on the cracker jack site back in 2000 , she said , well thats the only vw id ever drive ,, i told her then that i would get her one , i had a chance to buy one from one of the winners back in 2000 , but the oldest was starting colege and i didnt have an extra 2 cents let alone 22 grand , (which was a steal then )

then i found this little guy on ebay and had to get it

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
So fantastic! Man, that car was in need of a lot of TLC when you bought him and you sure have done a good job putting some TLC back into him! I love the name too; so cute! Those seats are incredible, everything about it is just incredible!!

What are the little dots behind the outlet on the center counsel? Below the armrest?

I too would like to have one of the little Beetle flower thingys... you shoudl sell them on here! :wink:

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the black buttons on the console are for the music player, each one plays a baseball song ,
1 for long version of CHARGE!
1 for the short version of CHARGE
and 1 for take me out to the ballgame !

let me know what kind of cars and flowers you want and ill make you up one

i made them and sold them for a several years ,i havnt reordered any cars since the demand kinda calmed down , but i can still get them , let me know what color !

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
Thanks Jerry!! :D

I would, of course, like white if you have any! :)

That is so cool that your NB plays baseball songs! :) How cute! Do you use them?

·
enjoyin the view !
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heres a shot of homer last labor day weekend , kathy and i had gone to the Ohio Historical Society museum to see a collection of toys from our childhood (60's and 70's )
attached to the museum is the Ohio Historical Village , and bsaed out of there is the Ohio Muffins vintage baseball team , well we were unaware that they were having a tournament with vintage teams from all over the country there that weekend , they had a guy there by the name of George Spencer , he had played professional baseball back in the 50's and 60,s for one of the new york teams , this guy actually played ball with mickey Mantle and many more , well kathy started talking baseball with him and one thing led to another and we all eneded up in the parking lot listening to homer and his songs , George and his wife loved the car and so did the players from the Muffins ,and Homer got invited back for this years tournament and gets to go inside the village and be on display where the games ar going on , tracey the shorter of the 2 Muffin players in the picture , has a basement full of vintage baseball srtifacts , so much so that the baseball hall Of Fame came to his house and persueded him to let them borrow several of his vintage jerseys etc for a dispaly there a couple years back , he and Kathy have struck a friendship since they both love the reds !

Attachments

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
Aww, that story is so neat! I bet that little car made all those baseball player's day!

·
Super Moderator
14,795 Posts
bmxbugzzi said:
Aww, that story is so neat! I bet that little car made all those baseball player's day!
That's what I was thinking. At the very least, it made the day that much more fun! :clap:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts