NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 02 Beetle Sport, and the VW logos on both the hood and the hatch have faded so badly that you cant even really tell what they originally supposed to say unless you get really close to it. How would I go about getting color back into those without replacing them?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I drive an 02 Beetle Sport, and the VW logos on both the hood and the hatch have faded so badly that you cant even really tell what they originally supposed to say unless you get really close to it. How would I go about getting color back into those without replacing them?
:roflmao:, sorry! Black and silver? blue and white? 3D? Just crap parts.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yep, same POS's I've got. Simply black paint screened onto polished mill finish aluminum. Don't appear to be powder coat and don't appear to be clear coated. I've read the blue/white Euro's don't hold up either. I'm going to replace mine with the 3D that are chrome plated with black infill. All I've seen seem to be in decent shape.

I think when I was hunting them, this was the cheapest place I found. I've got the p/n's around here somewhere. Simply repainting yours are not going to hold up. Bonding the paint to the aluminum is the problem.

Here's my suggestion for a source. They are Original VW and are correct for any pre '06 model not using the slide to the side badge or keyhole cover.
Hood and Trunk Emblems?
Price is still correct, or was, very recently, as confirmed by Bratgirl here -
WTB: Front VW emblem black & silver

M.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Where would that be? Mine are in sad shape also...:(
Sorry, got side tracked looking up the information.

Front Hood Emblem
p/n 1C0 853 617 A WV9, 1C0 853 617 B ULM

$26.60
South Bay Volkswagen

$37.60
Genuine VW / Audi EMBLEM (1C0-853-630-K-WV9 / 1C0853630KWV9) (A cheap source for OEM parts, but not these)

Rear Trunk Emblem (non-swivel/no key cylinder)
p/n 1C0 853 630 K WV9

$26.60
South Bay Volkswagen

$37.60
World Impex, Inc. - Search Results (A cheap source for OEM parts, but not these)

These are prices from quite some time ago, and prices have risen steadily the last year, so you might do best to shop around.

M.

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Thanks so much. :D. I will check those sites out.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Wow! Those are nice. My brother has a "sticker" business so I could change them as my whim dictates..
Thanks for sharing..
Barb

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide App

·
Artsy Fartsy Bohemeanne
32 Posts
My bug needs new hood and trunk emblems but I don't know what to go with. How do you apply the ones you did. Is it all vinyl application or must we still remove the old one. I've read tutorials on how to remove old hood and trunk emblems/ornaments but it scares the dickens out of me because I'd have a shizzle hemerage if I scratched my buggy's paint. I was thinking of getting my Beelte mechanic to do it but there are other things to be addressed first. I'd love to see more of what people have done with their emblems.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
My bug needs new hood and trunk emblems but I don't know what to go with. How do you apply the ones you did. Is it all vinyl application or must we still remove the old one. I've read tutorials on how to remove old hood and trunk emblems/ornaments but it scares the dickens out of me because I'd have a shizzle hemerage if I scratched my buggy's paint. I was thinking of getting my Beelte mechanic to do it but there are other things to be addressed first. I'd love to see more of what people have done with their emblems.
Blugg's on sabatical until after the Holidays! I posted the sourcing for the badges in your thread.

·
Artsy Fartsy Bohemeanne
32 Posts
Thank you! Every time I look at your handle name I think of my Dad. He has the Vette, a Jaguar, and had a Mini his wife made him sell and I was sad. I got the Beetle and am tring to talk him into buying a classic Beetle to tinker with.

·
New Beetle Accessories
1,226 Posts
Anne,

The ones that I made for my daughter's car are automotive-grade vinyl and I applied them directly to the faded emblems. Easy as pie - you just need a keen eye and a steady hand. Like I said, any sign shop should be able to make and apply them for you. The advantage to vinyl is that you have a large selection of color combinations to work with to personalize your NB. And, you don't have to do the VW logo if you don't want to - you can use your imagination and get almost anything that will fit in a circle that size.

Good luck and enjoy your NB!!!:D:D:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts