NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question

that no paint removing dent remover stuff, i have a dent in my hood, but its not huge, but not really tiny scratch. it is a dent, in my hood below the VW symbol. its hard to open the hood, but any idea as to how to get it fixed myself or cheap?

if its easier to buy a ne hood, where can i get one low price and 100% fit? thanks!
please private message me i may forget wehre this thread is at lol.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I got a dent in the same place the first time I closed my hood! I had a paintless dent repair service come to the house to fix it. They repaired it for $150 and took out two door dings I had for free! Repair was excellent, never would know there was a problem. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
I have a big ol dent to the left of the VW emblem. It's down to the metal :( I'll probably wait the 5ish months till I get back and get it fixed in the US. I'm sure I would get ripped off having a German fix it :( I just keep putting wax over it every once in a while. It's still looking "good". I would worry about it more if it wasn't the hood.

·
Banned
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i just had an estimate today on the car hood dent, the back bumper scratches as well as the front! he said about 175 for the hood dent , 100 for each bumper, and free i guess to fix my grill where a part of it is broke, it sticks out on on end. this all includes repainting those entire hood / part sections! i think that's a pretty good deal so I'll luckily be able to get that done. I"ll post some new pics when they are done and tell about the experience! hha. probably in the new beetle pictures thread of my own. well, thanks for all of the help! i hope my bug looks new soon! wooo! (it's a 2000)

p.s. i also have a running board to fix and part of the rear left fender. thats prob..naother 100. lol.
kat :rolleyes: :D :thewave: :stupid:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts