NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 NB, and recently noticed a gap on the right side of where the hood meets the body. The left side is fine. Since I do not do any of the work on my car is it possible the shop somehow closed the hood incorrectly? More important, has anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, is there a way to correct it without a lot of expense?

·
2008 "Fowvay" yellow NB
574 Posts
I'm not an expert on this, but since no one else has chimed in I'll give my thoughts in hopes it helps out some. I'd think that yes the shop could have done something to cause this. I think the way to correct the problem would be to loosen the bolts that mount the hood to the hinge pieces and try to move it slightly. I'm not sure if there is any other way to adjust the thing. Good luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i put on a new hood and have a gap on one side. i need help adjusting it to reduce the gap size. i tried loosening it but it tightens in the same spot. i posted this in the wrong section before, hopefully someone will help me here.

·
The NC Cat
399 Posts
Fowvay wrote:

<< You can turn the black stop blocks on the hood in front , just turn them in. The problem is they also pretension the hood so that when you pop it from the inside the hood will release.??I set mine in too far and it was a major pain to get the hood open, as I had to have someone sit in the car while I provided the tension on the hood.??Water is most likely NOT getting in your engine compartment. I have mine set pretty high and I dont get a drop in there, I even removed the rear engine bay seal to allow MORE air into there.??There were a few defective batches of the fuse block and you unfortunatly fell victim to one of them.??I have a feeling that there will be a recall on this item in the near future. >>

In this old thread:

http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?threadid=31436

I hope it helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts