NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what to do?

my hood release cable fell off the hood latch - and the hood is locked onto the latch. Before I start cutting my hood open do you have any recommendations on how to get it open?

let me know - I think my car doesn't want me to sell him.

any advice would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
You should be able to stick a finger in there and pull the latch open ... er... maybe not. Sorry it didn't sink in fast enough. You CAN access it if you put the bug up on ramps... it'll be hard, but you can do it. Maybe. :/

My black pull-tab came off the other day; so I have to use a finger and manually flip the latch to the open position. But.. but the hood pops up some so that I can access it. I think we have different issues.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
There was a thread about this on the old forums... the guy removed the skid plate and then reached up and put the cable "ball" back into the slot.. and was able to open it with the latch like normal. The fix was to bend the metal some to keep the cable from falling out of the latch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow - no way

i thought if it but didn't think it was possible. yes it's the darn ball that fell out...or was it the hook the ball connects to.

it might have loosened when i replaced the radiator!

thanks for the idea - we definately look into it more.

;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts