NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2005 VW Beetle and the engine blew. I purchased one that needed a lot of work (a 2004) with the intention of taking parts off of the one that no longer runs. One of the final things I plan to do is removing the hood and replacing it with the one on my old car, but I can't seem to find any info or videos on how to remove the hood. I'm willing to put in the work. Does anybody know how to do this?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Once you pop the hood and raise it. There are some wires and a windshield washer tube on the passenger side that run from the firewall to the hood, you will have to disconnect those.

There are 4 bolts if I remember correctly, two on each side up where the hinge is. Take those two bolts that hold the hood on off. Have a friend hold on side while you loosen the other.

You’ll also need to remove the hood strut just the end hooked to the hood. Use a small screwdriver or pick to slide that little clip up and then with your friends help lift the hood, and set in a place it will not be damaged.

Practice on the car you will not be using first, and remember with the exception of the hood itself you have extra parts if you break something.

·
Registered
812 Posts
The wires depending on what your car has for options would be one or both of the following.
Temp sensor, heated washer nozzles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts