NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Powered By Pancakes!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is my first post. I just went to one of my local VW dealerships yesterday and put a deposit on a 2006 NB coupe, Salsa Red, 2.5L, Package 1, with Triptronic auto trans! This will be my first Beetle (not to mention my first VW).

The deal is that I am currently driving a loaded 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD which is not bad but it is starting to show it's age and I want something with better gas milage. I did initially look for a TDI but none of the dealers around here have any. However, I think the 2.5L is going to give me better milage than this V6 3.8L, don't you??

The only thing thats a killer for me is that I have a $1000+ Alpine stereo system in the Caravan which is going to be traded in towards the Beetle. It would take way too much work to pull it all out and I don't even have the factory radio anymore :( . Ah well.... as long as the Monsoon unit sounds decent I guess I can live with that - especially the MP3 capability!

Well, just wanted to drop in, say "Hello", and introduce myself. I'm waiting for the dealership to get back to me with the details on the delivery so....

Looking forward to being a part of the NB community!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

Don't know what to tell you about the stereo. It may not fit in the NB. :(

If your New Beetle has Monsoon, you will be happy. Add a sub, and you will be amazed! :D

Have fun with your Salsa Red New Beetle! :party:

·
Powered By Pancakes!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnyed said:
If your New Beetle has Monsoon, you will be happy. Add a sub, and you will be amazed! :D
Yes, the head unit is a Monsoon. Is it easy to hook up a sub to this one? Is it a dealer option or something aftermarket I would pop in myself? I'm thinking it would probably be a self-powered sub, right? What about space concerns?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Still trying to sort out the financing aspect but getting closer. Being "upside-down" on my trade is killing me - autos lose value so quickly!

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Good to have you join us. You will love the salsa red beetle. I know I love mine. Looking forward to pics of your little beauty when you pick it up.
Mary

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Geed said:
Yes, the head unit is a Monsoon. Is it easy to hook up a sub to this one? Is it a dealer option or something aftermarket I would pop in myself? I'm thinking it would probably be a self-powered sub, right? What about space concerns?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Still trying to sort out the financing aspect but getting closer. Being "upside-down" on my trade is killing me - autos lose value so quickly!
We put an aftermarket trunk mounted sub in the TDI w/Monsoon, that we used to have. It shook your insides! Since we are old, and we like it loud, it would almost make us nauseous :D

If it helps, I was "upside-down" big time when I got my 2002. I had just bought a 2002 Explorer, and ditched it three months later for my Bug. Huge loss. Zero regret. :kiss:

Good luck to you! :wave2:

·