NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Newb here. I have a 2015 VW Beetle and the horn is not working. I have been googling for a fuze diagram but can’t find one for my car. Anyone can share the diagram? Or advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The owners manual for the 2015 Beetle does not have the fuse diagram.

Do you know a reliable site where I can download service manuals.

·
Registered
13,851 Posts
Join eRWin for 24 hours @ $36 and you can download the service manuals there; You cannot buy a paper manual for 2012 to 2019 VW beetle. The only source for repair information is from Volkswagen you can try eRWin site, which is VW's online repair info site, to download the manuals or there are other services that provide access but you cannot download the manual; all data and Mitchell one of those. The third-party services are just licensed from VW service info.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,155 Posts
I don't know if it was the same in the Beetles, but I know some other 2015 VWs had clockspring issues, which can affect the horn operation. Might be something to look into.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey SmileyBug. Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it. I figured I check the easy stuff first like the fuse. I dont know which fuse(s) controls the horn.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Check your pm. The only fuse I can find is the ones for the alarm horn. I even looked at the wiring diagram for that system and I can't find a fuse just for the horn. But I agree with Billymade about getting the manual from volkswagen. If it's the price. You get what you pay for. It's downloadable. Tons of information. If you are going to dyi your car. I recommend it. Mine only works with the key on too. And if I don't use the middle of the horn "button" it won't work. It's like everything else, picky 😂. To my understanding. The fuse 'card' was in the original owners manual from the factory. But if you got your car used like me. Then your's might be gone like mine was.🙄

·
Registered
13,851 Posts
If you can access the horn; you might jumper 12V to it and see if it works. If it does, you then, need to work backwards, to find out why.

A vw scan tool, would help you; scan for trouble codes and do output testing, to activate the horn without pushing the button. VCDS by ross tech and OBDEleven, are the most popular VW specific, factory level scan tools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Embarrassed. Got underneath the car and can't find the horn. Most post says its on the driver side fender. I can't find it. :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts