VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jerry
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a long time coming for this trip to happen, a lot needed to take place. After a long winter spent in the garage awaiting its new exhaust, the time finally came, the Beetle was finally roadworthy once more.

With my BRAND NEW Colorado plates screwed in, it was time for a quick bath, an oil change, then the open road.

A rare day off was the perfect occasion for day-tripping in Fort Collins including a drive around the Horsetooth Reservoir, and a white-knuckle sprint down US 34 to the tiny town of Drake. A hike through the Horsetooth Reservoir Open Space to the Horsetooth Falls was a nice way to get out and appreciate what the greatest state has to offer. Nothing but the best weather conditions accompanied our trip today. Here's some pics :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Jerry
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's some pics of the drive to and from Drake down 34. What a drive! I can't wait to explore more of my awesome new home state!
These mountain highways sure do keep your hands and feet busy! One hand firmly planted on the steering wheel, the other grasping the gear shift the entire time! Can't rely on these old brakes to slow you down lol

And of course there's the Cyber Green Turbo that I spotted on the drive back to Greeley :)

Attachments

·
Jerry
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Billy, I sure am having fun, I can't seem to get enough haha, I've been bitten by the bug!

I mean, it was fun driving around rural SW Missouri but this is driving of a whole new level! Beetles are unbelievably great at these types of roads, it was the most fun I ever had driving. I couldn't help thinking about how great it would be blasting through those curves with an extra 70-some horsepower and an extra gear in that Turbo S I was drooling over on CL this morning :D

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Well, if you can get a Turbo S; I would say go for it, the best new beetle ever made. As you know; I am biased, I've had a Turbo S since new! A blast to drive and the sixth gear; really helps on the highway. :)

·
Jerry
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I bet! I always feel like there ought to be another gear there, just today I was doing 80 on the interstate over 4,000 RPM!!! It sounds like its very stressful for the poor old car lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts