NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.8t 2000, when I bought the car, it came with this drill bit where a hose should be. I need help, (LOL) what is this part called (circled in orange) and how can I attach the missing part so I can attach the missing hose? I am hoping to do this myself.... help:eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You don't think the drill bit was a factory option? To save the future owner the need, time and expense of jury rigging something instead of fixing it?

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
Quite a diagram but hopefully could be of some help; maybe start tracing with #23? You can order the parts from the dealer or if its get expensive... a junk yard but the rubber parts in the engine compartment, tend to get hard and crack... good luck! :)

2000 New Beetle VW Replacement Parts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a 2000 Volkswagen New Beetle with a 1.8 Turbo (APH) engine. The hoses look like the picture below. The hose to the fuel regulator is separate from the others, which is a good ideal IMO. I have replaced the old factory hoses with silicone hoses. The brass tee connects a line to an aftermarket boost gauge, so you will not have that. Anyway, you can see how the hoses on the engine are connected. Hope this is of some help, good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Excellent, just what he needed. Nice looking set-up btw!

M.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I have a 2000 Volkswagen New Beetle with a 1.8 Turbo (APH) engine. The hoses look like the picture below. The hose to the fuel regulator is separate from the others, which is a good ideal IMO. I have replaced the old factory hoses with silicone hoses. The brass tee connects a line to an aftermarket boost gauge, so you will not have that. Anyway, you can see how the hoses on the engine are connected. Hope this is of some help, good luck.

Sorry for the thread jack, but what brand are your hoses and where did you buy them? I like.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
What about the "t", "y" connectors, clamps etc; the connectors look like you went with brass and reusable tension clamps as well... please tell us about these and where you sourced them from.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What about the "t", "y" connectors, clamps etc; the connectors look like you went with brass and reusable tension clamps as well... please tell us about these and where you sourced them from.

I bought the brass barb tee (3/16) on Ebay. I found that the 3/16 Tee fitted a little tighter than the 1/8. This Tee makes the connection to the Boost gauge. The hose clamps came from a local hardware store. I am not sure what size they are. They may not be needed as they were very difficult to get on the hoses.

·
Wanna Walnetto young lady
178 Posts
That's an easy fix. Makes one wonder why they just didn't replace the hose?:confused:

I too changed my hoses from rubber to silicone. I ordered mine from here Silicone Hose Kits I ordered one of their universal kits, and still have hose left. Good quality hose, and great folks to deal with.:)

Looks like they snapped the vacuum nipple off, and inserted the drill bit. Wonder if there are metal shavings in the intake?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts