VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow Dubers,

My name is Mark and I have built the Hot Wheels Volkswagen Turbo Beetle, the folks at Mattel gave me the Ok to put together something tasteful and good hearted, so here it is.
I have also the assistance of many other sponsors in the on-going
ever changing landscape that is this "Car"..it has taken on a life of its own. I am currently up to 10 sponsors who have helped me in the building of this thing....in turn I sell their wares at a good price..

They named it WHITEOUT I guess because all the parts under the hood have been White Carbon Fibered..(is that even a word?) and the glass in the trunk resembles carved ice ( etched glass ) and the Candy White finish. (Capt. obvious thanks you)

I have been to 2 shows and it was well taken by onlookers, the idea of a car with a kid-at-heart approach not so serious, but interesting and well thought out seemed to go over well. You dont have to spend alot of $$$$ just make the mods count, right?

I took some pics and took it upon myself to create some showboards....My first build was the rockband DISTURBED'S Mustang, which I since retired to work on the Bug.

Here are a few pics...

Once I finish the build I will release a sponsor list, and will make the products used available at reasonable cost to all those interested.

Items currently in works are a white Hydrocarbon upgrade to the battery cover, along with all white carbon caps and white look throughout.
The glass you see will be mounted in a trunk style shadow box that may or may not be permanent, but it will be LED lit for everyone to see possibly at Dubs on the boards in Wildwood.

[URL=http://s26.photobucket.com/user/MARKHALPIN/media/TRUNKGLASS.jpg.html]

A large Amp and subwoofer manufacturer are in talks right now, and I have secured an Air brush artist who is doing on sponsorship level a HOT WHEELS graphic for a mock up hood liner which will be cut aluminum so that he can do it right in the engine bay.

I really love the rims as they are, but eagle brakes is in communications and I may get a cut and drilled set of rotors. they did the Mustang for me, its "iffy" for the Beetle.

Mattel sent me a nice door sill, dash/hatch and side fender emblem set to make it concrete...

Before the pinstriping on the dash/doors....also showcases the diamond plate mats...

After the red cutout applied to mats, red pinstripe and proper cleaning. The brushed aluminum pics up every fingerprint.

The dash is the base carbon fiber dash with the raised parts in brushed aluminum w/ red pinstripes around the metal plates on the dash and doors..HOT WHEELS on the sills and the upper glove box.

A bodykit manufacturer just sponsored me with a bodykit (I havent seen this anywhere) but not sure when that will happen, but it is a definite YES...

She is definitely a contender people....

See you at the shows anywhere in Pa, NJ, NY, Del-MD or surrounding areas

8 Ball Productions
Mark Halpin
Hot Wheels Beetle

·
Old & New Beetles
2,243 Posts
It looks good! :)
People should never lost their "inner child"... :p

Happy miles with your Hot Wheels Bug!

Greetings from Finland :yaya:

Tapsa

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looking great so far! Very unique mods to the interior.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what else you have in store

Would you be able to tell us the body kit manufacturer?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods...

Well Im keeping it hush till it happens, I have to pay for carbon fiber hydropaint on the pieces but the parts are mine. it consists of right now side skirts front air dam and a rear bumper modification.... I am also trying to get them to fabricate window or side scoops reminiscent to the mustang I had, but that is touch and go right now....I already received an upper window spoiler and thats in the pics.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mods

Thank you for the kind words...

My direction is one off the beaten path, I turned down Pyle's offer on a sponsorship thru a local customization shop because the extra Bass would destroy the glass I was told, and I rather keep the trunk functional as this is a daily driver...Im not a tuner, Im not gonna slam--poke--stretch or do that stupid thing to the wheels where only the inner tread is used on the tires...you see that at every VW show, all over the place..its old and Im thinking ppl want different.

My intent is to keep everything clean in engine bay, bright and once the art is done....different.
People overdo their rides, its a big misconception that more is better...100 tv's in a car makes me think.."too much money and out of ideas", so I retain factory radio (no cleaner than that) and clean lines which are color coordinated. The black stripe w/red borders connect with the black and red inside, the red and chrome Hot Wheels with the brushed steel in the dash, the diamond mats give props to VW w/red accent. I like to show ppl the same stripe is in the Turbo Launch's seat pattern and they are like...I didnt see that. I may go to custom seat covers not sure.

Spoke to Mattel and a case of Hot Wheels will be on its way Im going to hand them out at shows,featuring a specific car to their collection.

I can't decide to use carpet or pleather to cover the raised panel in the trunk...Diamond plate?
I am not sure its going to be permanent or not, as the glass is soo delicate its reg window pane glass and one slip and its 1000 pieces..

Ideas?

PS
Someone just emailed me saying they couldn't make out ANY interior mods....here are better pics for you.
Enjoy...

Here is one of the engine bay , The company that sponsored me is Endless Hydrographics NJ Division...the man's name is Mike in case you dont believe that as well. Find them on Facebook or google it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks Awesome! :)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
car

Thanks there are some nice Beetles and great owners on this forum !!!! anyone else from New Jersey/NY/PA area? want to meet up and cruise into some shows such as Dubs on the Boards in Wildwood?

2 more mods a new emblem and a battery cover upgrade w/white carbon fiber...screw it Im gonna do all white carbon on the engine bay lol

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
car

I am writing a book on how to obtain a sponsor....usually you need a resume just asking isnt enough. i will post up the link to the book when Im done which wont be for awhile unfortunately.
I have 7 other sponsors that want to remain unanimous because they dont want to be asked by 100 people for a sponsorship...but if you need something in particular for your car I CAN GET IT..just ask.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos of that fantastic car so we can ORGle them!!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
almost complete

got parts back from Hydro Graphics artist the front shroud is done in what they call silver realflames. the rest is white carbon fiber

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some other stuff this week

NEW SPONSOR-BADGESKINS
Easy to apply and brings the theme together

HOT WHEELS Fire Extinguisher - any serious show requires one on display so i mounted the damn thing to my privacy cover

Under the extinguisher.....

HOT WHEELS..We made this custom display w/blue led's behind it for a little night action...I have put diamond plate under the glass which was etched by HERSHEYZ Etching...I am still thinking about surrounding the trunk floor with diamond plate aluminum and adding more blue led's , before I add speakers and amp or tv Im not sure what they want..

Thats it for this week....working on seats possibly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts