NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much deliberation, I decided to get alloys for my Base 2010 Beetle S that I got just last December. I really tried to justify just sticking with the steelies and factory hubcaps, but I finally decided to do what many others do: Have nice alloys in the summer and use the steelies in the winter. I'll catch up and buy tires for the steelies about 6 months from now.
Brand new wheels were out of my budget, so I ordered a set of reconditioned Houstons (16 x 6.5) in Silver from Hubcap Haven, but I had to order the VW center caps separately. Some of the alloy center caps for OEM wheels are 2.5 inches in diameter while others are 2.25 inches, and HH doesn't specify which size of these caps fit a specific wheel. A rep "guessed" that it was 2.25, so I went with his premonition. If we're wrong, I'll have to send them back and get the 2.5 inch caps, because it's definitely one or the other. So...here's my question to any Orgers that have Houston wheels: which size are the center caps, 2.5 or 2.25? :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts