NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what anyone thought of this damage? how bad do u think it is? would it cost a ton of money to put this back together? it's a 2004 Turbo S. Only the driver airbag blew.

Let me know what you think... :D

Attachments

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
Looks like a hit to the passenger side (the fender is torn, the hood looks crumpled, and the intercooler is missing). Um... I take it this is not your car and you're thinking of buying and fixing it up? Either that or you weren't insured at the time of the accident.

Cost-wise... new hood, new bumper, new fender, new intercooler... in the thousands just for that. Oh, and a new airbag.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
To add to Pauls long list, all the radiators, AC water and transmision, also lights and fogs....
tons of $$$$ just 4 the broken pieces...

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay this is not my car...and yes, I was thinking of buying it and repairing it.

However, if you all think that it would be $$$$ to fix it...It's not going to happen. It's just really cheap now, and I was thinking I could sell my car and have a Turbo S for only a little more, but if it's going to cost more than $5000, I would be loosing a ton of money.

So this is a 100% no?

Just a thought, it was a good deal and didn't look that bad... ;)

Oh and I don't know where the bumper is!

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
You're better off buying a used 1.8T.

That is, of course, unless you really want an S for its body and interior kit.

·
Thomas
361 Posts
Buy it, take the parts that you need/want off of it, and part out the rest. Another route is, you can probably buy all the parts you need off of Ebay, here on the Org, or on vortex pretty cheap. That is if you or a group of buddies know how to install all of that stuff. If not, forget it.

·
20V GTRS
1,120 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts