NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the fuse box on the battery replaced because two of the slots melted. Now the A/C works but the thermometer does not. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hi Margie,

I'm confused, the thermometer? What caused the fuse box melt down, very likely it is the alternator wire, very problematic. Was it replaced?

MORAV

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thermometer inside the car next to the clock. Right over the mirror.
I do not know what caused the fuse box to melt. The fuse box was replaced. I do not know about the wire.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I don't want to alarm you, but something causes the wires to overheat and melt the fuse box. Usually it is the alternator wire (heavy black one on the far right side. Do you have a repair or work order showing what was done?

The thermometer, okay, you me the outside ambient temperature display. What is happening? No display? Significantly off? The two can not be related, however in doing the work that was done, the plug could have been pulled loose from the sensor, below the battery in the front of the left front fendor, or a wire could have been pulled out. Did the one coincide with the other?

M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to call the mechanic today and ask about the cause of the melt down.
The thermometer (the outside ambient temperature display) does not display. I will talk to him about that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts