NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the threads trying to figure out how to remove the caliper from the parking brake cable. I was changing my brakes yesterday and somehow managed to get caliper piston tool stuck. So I was going to attempt removing the caliper all together to try and remove the tool, but I can't figure out how to remove the parking brake.

·
Jitterbug
1,086 Posts
Brake lever in the car down/off. Move the caliper lever in its direction of operation and unhook the end of the cable from the lever and remove the cable from tha caliper.

If necessary loosen the cable tension at the lever in the car end, remove the centre console trim to access the adjuster.

·
Registered
85 Posts
with the brake lever down, pull the cam the brake cable is connected to forward this will slack the cable...pull the ferrule (SP?) off the cam and voila!

OR

remove the nut that holds the cam to the shaft in the caliper...the shaft and cam are cut to only fit one way...

how exacltly did you get the piston tool stuck? i dont see how this is even possible without misuse of the tool or use of the wrong spanner head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts