NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to move my Beetle from VA to GA. I have too many cars and not enough drivers. Can the new beetle be flat towed or should I get a flat bed trailer?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I need to move my Beetle from VA to GA. I have too many cars and not enough drivers. Can the new beetle be flat towed or should I get a flat bed trailer?
I took the lower plastic grill out and the 2 inside bolts that hold the bumper bracket.i took the bolts out and used longer bolts and an old school tow bar. The one that you can just stick bolts through, straight to the bumper bracket. The tow bar was also adjustable when it came to the side to side. It had spreadable arms. But worked excellent

·
Registered
58 Posts
Seems a little extreme. Towing with a dolly gets the front wheels up off the ground, important if the car is an automatic. Renting a dolly doesn't require any wrenching. And tow dollies are very safe. I found out last time I tried to rent a dolly that my tow vehicle wasn't sufficient, it's a Highlander. So I had to rent a pickup--which greatly increased the expense. But it was a nice truck at least.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep. But at the time i had to get my car; i was broke and had the means to use my towbar. And it didnt pick my car up at all. It rode pretty level. But if i had , had the money . i would of use a dolly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts