VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2002 Turbo S Beetle Owner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 VW Beetle Turbo S in May. Now, I cannot open the trunk with the key fob or the trunk switch on the door. It worked for about 5 weeks after I bought it then all of the sudden 2 weeks ago it stopped? Is there any way to open it with out the key fob or door switch, the emblem doesn't move on the trunk? When I get in via the back seats I can't remove anything because of the deck that folds down right behind the seats, it is keeping the plastic in place that covers the latch I think? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
14,832 Posts
I'm not sure about how to remedy that. But, I do want to know what color is your 2002 Turbo S.

I also want you to know - We Must Meet Up! (just look at my sig, below!)

We have a really nice set of New Beetle friends here in the Portland/Tigard/Gresham/Troutdale/Milwaukie area.

Maybe we can plan a GTG, and take a look at your problem.

Please, also join us at Facebook, at "The Collective". Instant help there!

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Does your latch make any sound at all when you try to release it? There should be a preload that will make the lid pop up about an inch when the lid releases. Sometimes the problem is that without the preload the latch relocks itself before you can open it.

The folding panel at the top of the trunk can be removed by snapping the round piece up and out of the hinges.

Here are a couple of threads that may be useful:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...e/61622-cannot-get-into-trunk-key-switch.html

http://newbeetle.org/forums/technical-how/11237-how-replace-remote-rear-hatch-actuator.html

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on Trunk issue 02 VW beetle turbo s

I was able to work on the trunk issue this weekend, been really busy doing other things and took off the cover in back was able to work the latch manually it opened. I went ahead and changed the actuator thinking this was the problem......$50 later still not working with key fob or door switch. My next move????? I am going to see if I am not getting power to the actuator this is all that I can think of? Don't really want to get under the dash and work with the CCM but may have to? Any other ideas?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will check the voltage

I will check the voltage at the actuator and see if I can find relay #2. I recently had to replace the clutch switch for the cruise control after I had the clutch replaced, and I noticed that the spoiler/fin manual control was not connected to the panel that covers the wires above the drivers foot pedals, it was really corroded so I am going to clean really well, and I think clean some of the fuses as well, there is corrosion in the trunk at the plug that connects to the lock I think it tells the actuator that the trunk is locked? Not sure if this will help but it can't hurt. Will post the update in a few days. Thank you for your help and the links to the other posts

·
'02 Snap Orange 1.8T/5spd
152 Posts
Recently had this same scenario in ours. Replacing the Convenience Control Module (CCM) cured it. The CCM is located inside the dash, about directly inline with the fat end of the turn signal stalk.

That relay that others have mentioned, there just above the clutch pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts