VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -
I just bought my wife a 2006 TDI with a sunroof. All of a sudden, it seems the sunroof is not opening far enough. It could be our imagination since we never noticed it "not fully opening." We searched the forums, but couldn't find a photo or answer. Apologies if this is a repeat. Questions:

1. Does the sunroof fully disappear when open?
2. The rotating switch ... should the sunroof move with every click or turn? (ours seems to be every other click).
3. Anyone got a photo of the roof with the sunroof open?
4. Could it be a switch problem?

Thanks.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
In order to get the sunroof all the way open you must turn the dial past the last setting and hold it till the roof is no longer visible. The reason for this is wind noise is increased all the way open.

·
lurkin all day !
249 Posts
good to know...I always wondered why my roof didnt open all the way.
Ill have to try that out once I get my car back from the shop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I found someone with a similar bug and the showed me today also. Of course, now the sunroof is just freaking out (not going to designated position). However, I know there are a lot of threads on that, so I'm going to search old responses first! Again, Thanks!

·
lurkin all day !
249 Posts
update--- AWESOME, I never knew how to fully open it so soon as I got it back I tried it and it worked.... sweet

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Do you know that you can close the roof with the key in the door lock?

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
I don't have a NB, but in my car the sunroof was leaking.
I took it into the dealer and they adjusted the sunroof. Now it tilts (lifts) up higher.
It always opened all the way, however it never tilted up very much. The adjustment make a huge difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts