NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crazy artistic bug lover
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How I found my SweetPea.

It was February 19th and I had been searching on craigslist for about a year when I came across two beetle's that were basically the same. The same model, year and features. Only one was white and the other was green. The white one had almost 20,000 miles less on it. My parents like that. So one Friday after I got out of school my prents and I drove to go see both of the beetles. One of them(the white one) was for sale by an older woman in the south sound of Seattle. She was selling it because she didn't drive it anymore and because it wouldn't start up after she would go without driving it for a week or so. They took it to a VW shop and they found nothing wrong with it.

So we pull up at her house and there it is sitting out front. I think oh cool its a white bug. We got out and looked at it. The ting was very dirty, had rust spots in places, the left back up light was busted, and the tired were in horrible shape. But nothing prepared me for the inside of this car. It smelled like dust, crayons and dead things. The inside was also dirty and had lots of stains:eek:. They didn't clean it at all and it felt like an 11 year old car. The leather was in bad shape and the paint on the door handles was pealing pretty badly. But we still drove the car around. My mom drove it, then my dad and then we found a parking lot for me to drive in(I wasn't familiar with the area and only had my permit for a few weeks. I drove the car around and I just didn't like it very much. Well no I liked it because it was a bug but it just didn't feel like it was mine. I didn't have the "oh my god" factor. Well I did but NOT in a good way. So we told them thank you and went on our way to go see the green one. I told my mom in the car that I just didn't feel like that white one was meant to be. My mom agreed and said that the white bug wasn't good enough:D. So we make the long drive down to Tacoma to the Toyota dealership where the green one was.

The second we turned the corner I saw her. She was sitting under the covered area(it was raining I believe), the lights made her look so shiny. I could hear angles singing I swear. I felt my heart rate go up and it was instant love. I knew from that moment on, that she was mine. We pulled up and I was ecstatic, but I had to hide it because you know what it's like having to deal with buying a used car from a dealership. The guy came out and gave us the keys to test drive her. I was in love with everything. Her interior didn't look like the like white ones, she was in much better condition and looked brand new. And they had all of her service records. Luckily the lady who had her before me took immaculate car of that bug. We drove her around for a while, inspected everything and found a nice surprise in the trunk, a CD player! It wasn't listed but there it was. WOO! So we drove back to the dealer and we decided to take her home for the night and sit on it. I got no sleep the night and slept with the keys next to my bed. I got up at 6am the next day just to look at her. So after drivers ed we went back to the dealer. My mom told me that I had to be very quiet while she talked with them. They had told her earlier that there would be a 1 year warranty but then they told her it would be a 3 month warranty because the car wasn't a Toyota. That was a dumb idea. The thing about my mother, don't tell her one thing and then try to sell her less. Let's just say when we made the deal, we got the 1 year warranty. She's officially coming with me whenever I buy a car lol! But when my mom said "Okay" and shook hands with the sales guy, I burst into tears I was so happy. Now remember I couldn't say a thing during the making of the deal so I was petty frigging happy. It caught the salesmen off guard. It made their day I could tell. So when my parents were signing the paper work, they took SweetPea and filled her tank up with gas, washed her and put balloons on her for me. The sales guy who sold SweetPea to us told us that it was his daughters 21st birthday that day. He was very nice and even took a picture of SweetPea and I.

We took SweetPea home and she has been mine ever since. I later found a drawing of my dream car that I had done only a week prior to buying her. It freaked me out because it was identical to SweetPea. Only off by a few miles and the year. She had 87,000 miles on her when we bought her and my picture had 84,000 miles. But everything else matched. I wouldn't give up my baby for anything. And the day after my birthday I have my drivers test scheduled so I hope I will pass and get my license. Looking forward to many fun and safe adventures with my lovey bug.:nblove:

(Note that the drawing pictured here isn't the drawing I did of my dream car. I can't find that one currently.:anon:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,724 Posts
You experienced what I tell people when they are looking for a New Beetle. You didn't "settle" and the right one "called out" to you. Congratulations! :party:

I hope you and your SweetPea have many happy years together, and I hope we can meet up someday, for a PNW GTG! :clap:

·
Crazy artistic bug lover
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You experienced what I tell people when they are looking for a New Beetle. You didn't "settle" and the right one "called out" to you. Congratulations! :party:

I hope you and your SweetPea have many happy years together, and I hope we can meet up someday, for a PNW GTG! :clap:
I knew the right one would come along, I would just have to wait for it. The whole timing was perfect too. And yes I hope we can meet up at a GTG! SweetPea would love to make some friends ;D

·
Crazy artistic bug lover
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great story, likens a lot of us back a while to when we first got a New Beetle! Your enthusiasm is wonderful, take good care of her and practice your driving ;-)
Thank you and I do take great care of her. I take my drivers test next month and will hopefully be getting my license very soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts