NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been under the weather for the last few months, in the hospital 3 times, still haven't figured out what to make of me:). Anyway, when you are staring at the walls, you have plenty of time to ponder, and I signed on here, and thought, OMG, I have been a member of New Beetle.Org for almost 10 years!!!! I joined July 2003, bought my first of 3 NBs (Felix) August 8th, 2003. I got him on my grandsons 3rd birthday, and now the little guy will be a teenager this year! So I'm going to say very close to 10 years. I know many of you have been here longer than me.

·
TOD Maiden Voyager
1,582 Posts
I have been a member of New Beetle.Org for almost 10 years!!!! I joined July 2003, bought my first of 3 NBs (Felix) August 8th, 2003. I got him on my grandsons 3rd birthday, and now the little guy will be a teenager this year! So I'm going to say very close to 10 years. I know many of you have been here longer than me.
Inquiring minds want to know -- what happened between July 2003 and September 2005?:D

·
5/23/10 <3
11,172 Posts
The forum was changed and we all had to re-register.

I joined sometime in '04. I'm thinking October. But I know I joined before I got my NB.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I bought my first NB in 2002, and I think it was August 2002. We all had to re-register in September 2005, so many of us have that date in our profiles.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I will officially be a member 1 year in April. I joined when I was seeking advice on a Beetle. Then I bought mine a month later.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
I signed up about 5 or 6 months after I bought my NB, around May 05. It is crazy to think I've been part of an online forum that long! Long live the org!!

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
I joined the org 4 days before my birthday in 2008 which was almost 2 months after I got Fiona...I didn't believe a forum like this even existed until I clicked the link on google when I was looking for mods but I am so glad I did, I was so excited when I joined :D love you guys!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Well as a NooB I've been here only 7 or so months. I joined the TDI group in 2001 and have supported numerous forums since and love the people here best of all. Helpful and supportive.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
I'm very happy to call all of you my friends, and hope to stay that way! :)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
WOW, You guys are some real Old timers :p I only have been here for a year now come February. :D

Glad to be here.

Hope you feel better soon and stay out of the hospital. I hate those things.

Crap, it's 2013... I have been here 2 years not 1. They say the mind is the first to go. ;)

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have full intentions of staying away from hospitals, the only place I hate worse, would be the morgue:) My wife has been in contact with Cleveland Clinic, and I think, if it all works out, we will be making a trek north as soon as we possibly can.

I have to say this, I have met people on this site, that will ALWAYS be near and dear to my heart! I have been in some of the guys here's home, and always, without fail been treated wonderful! The greatest thing is, I met Jonk, we have become best friends, we get together once or twice a year, to go to a gtg or VW show, he is a super nice guy, and way too many to name.
VW PEEPS RULE!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I would have to say pretty close to 10 years. I didn't get my bug till Feb/March of 04, but I had a Jetta earlier in 03 and I think I joined either a little before or after that.

Not a real question to show people age...who was a member of BeetleBuzz? :eek: I know I was, back not to long after it started.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
10+ (barely) here! Yay! I'm part of the old club!
I think pretty much anybody with a Sept 2005 join date is a member of the old club :lol: :bigthumb:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
I've had Ikiane since March 2001, so I've been here a little while...many changes over the years, but newbeetle.org has always been a home away from home...i've made some wonderful friends and have had great adventures via the .org. :)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I've only been here a few months...I'll have to check the date when I read this post...lol. I love it here though. I can't wait until it's been another 10+ years and I can be one of the old ones too :D

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why my title changed to senior member when I haven't been here for much time at all. Any of you veterans know the answer to that? I know it surprised me when I saw it the first time, but then it made me smile :) I'm a newbie senior member :p

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
I've only been here a few months...I'll have to check the date when I read this post...lol. I love it here though. I can't wait until it's been another 10+ years and I can be one of the old ones too :D

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why my title changed to senior member when I haven't been here for much time at all. Any of you veterans know the answer to that? I know it surprised me when I saw it the first time, but then it made me smile :) I'm a newbie senior member :p
You can change it in the User CP. I have only been here 9 months, and have already met 3 orgers. What? Thats nothing?? Heck, I live in a state that doesnt see regular participation on here! But that will change come May! :banana:

Its weird at the comfort level here. Like one big family! :) I know I will be here for a long while. Maybe well into the Orgs 3rd life! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts

The senior member thing is probably just the default. Have x posts and it changes. Most people always made their own so nobody ever really saw the default ones.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts