Cheat: 1000? Holy crap. What do you attribute that too? Are chipped? new injectors? what else? What's your normal driving route? Are you always on the freeway cruising at 60 with no stops/starts?
I'm consistently hitting 700, but have never had a whole tank on just highway miles. I'm confident I could do 800 if I could stand driving 60 for 800 miles. I usually stick the cruise on 65. I'm happy with my 45mpg average though. Would like to bump it up some...but not in a place to drop the money on chip/injectors to get it.
I can imagine. With a chip and injectors at 50mph...I wonder what I could get. I wonder if I could stay sane at that speed for that long. 20 hours of driving at that speed. I'd need a good co-pilot and several movies back to back to keep me going and keep my mind off the fact that I'm going so slow.
909 miles. My 98 has the fuel vent removed, and I filled it all the way to the top of the filler neck. Driving conditions were my normal daily 80 mile x 2 commute. NJ highways 80% with the remaining 20% city driving. Some traffic jams. 65 mph cruise speed whenever possibe. Full disclosure: I have a euro 6-speed TDI gearbox, so 65 mph is about 1800 rpm in 6th