NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Mom to Honeybug
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

I went to get my plates transferred over from my XB to my new Beetle at the BMV on Saturday. While there, I almost talked myself into a personalized plate for Honeybug (the plate would have been HUNYBUG) but they are an additional $48 a year and I figured my husband would kick my *** if I spent that much more money on plates.

I did end up switching my boring Indiana plate to a "Support Our Troops" plate (my son is a Green Beret, just back from his 7th tour of Iraq/Pak/Afg) :D but I really wish I had ordered her new plate. I can still order it until October 30th for next year, but it made me wonder how many unique personalized plates are out there.

Got names?

Hugs,
Sue

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
There are many many on here with personalized plates, of which I am a proud member! Mine says BEETLE. I only got it because someone had turned it in not long before I got to the office. In fact, my wife suggested it, and I said, theres no way that could be available! It was! I encourage it, it is just that much mor fun! Of course if you are a speeder and run stopsigns a lot, it will be easier to remember you if a pattern develops:) There was this one stop sign in our neighborhood that I had the hardest time stopping at. I always thought, If I ever got away with it, they would know! However, I went to the doctor downtown, my meter ran out, the metermaid gave me a ticket. When I got it, I howled. Instead of saying BEETLE, it said BETTLE.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We have Support our Troops plates on both cars. The cost of the plates goes toward the purchase of body armor for our troops in Iraq and Afganistan. This is Gandalf's. :) I hadn't named Lily before we got her tag so it just says "JLBUG". Our initials and "BUG". :)

Attachments

·
Mom to Honeybug
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plates

The only plates we can personalize are our regular boring Indiana plates. You can't do it to the extra plates...the "Support Our Troops", Breast Cancer, Indianapolis Colts etc. plates. That would have been perfect...to be able to personalize the "Support Our Troops" plates. I would have done that in a "skinny minute" as my mom used to say. :)

·
Lay Lady Lay
968 Posts
Lady's is LADY DUB - only cost $36 1 time to order the plate in PA... I encountered extra fees b'c I had to order it for a different car and then swap plates with myself... but it was well worth it!

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
I have a personal plate also :D I wanted something along the lines of FIONA but every way to spell it was taken to here is mine :)

KCE = Casey (my name), the rest is self explanatory ;)
CASEY! I knew you would post here!! I always love to see pics of Fiona, even if it's a pic i have seen before.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
also guilty...

had IKI ANE for a number of years on the NB (Ikiane), now 4D GBPAK.

VVRUUM on the'79 vert. friend Kathleen originally got it in 1980 when she bought Marilyn in California...transferred it when she moved to Virginia, and then transferred it to me when i bought Marilyn in 2005.

now pondering what plate to get for the new VW in the stable...:wink:

at $10 more annually for a personalized plate, what the heck? might as well do it. :D

·
dreamin' of a bug ♪
529 Posts
Wow, warren, only $10 more? That'd be great. Here they charge $25 for personalizing as well as $25 for a specialty plate (az sports team, support our troops, pet lover, etc.) :(

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,403 Posts
Wow, warren, only $10 more? That'd be great. Here they charge $25 for personalizing as well as $25 for a specialty plate (az sports team, support our troops, pet lover, etc.) :(
yep. just $10 more for a personalized plate...some themed plates (Mountain to Seashore, Autumn Leaves plates) have a one-time charge, some have a yearly charge (Surfrider Foundation, universities, Unlocking Autism etc.)...but you see LOTS of personalized plates here.

·
New NB Owner/Lover!
251 Posts
I used to have one a couple of years ago...

(I was a programming major, in case you were wondering.. haha)

I haven't had another personalized since that; I got my Jeep and never had one. I live in TN now and I am going next week to get my new one for the beetle. I was thinking about following along with the computer geek ones and getting "DEBUG." Haha.:D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
56 Participants
Duke310
NewBeetle.org Forums
The New Beetle forum, come in and join our discussions on the new Volkswagen Beetle. Talk about modifications, performance and color choices.
Full Forum Listing