VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this upcoming July 4th weekend I will finally replace my well worn shocks/struts and springs. I decided to go for a Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit Springs, which will lower my bug ~1.25 to 1.5 inches. I am replacing almost everything, including bump stops at the same time to speed things along.

I have read some from others running coilovers on the vwvortex forums about trimming their bump stops, but I could not find much information here from people lowering their cars a mild amount. For those of you who have lowered your cars, have you trimmed your bump stops? If so how much? For this amount of lowering, is it really necessary?

I want to get this done right the first time. I would rather not take apart mt struts/shocks again later.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Not at all. You will be good to go at that ride height.
You only need to worry about bump stops if your gonna crank down coil overs. Post up some before an after shots. I just lowered mine a few months ago and love it.

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
im bagged and this is no relivance to this thread at all.

i did koni yellows and was still sitting higher than i thought i should. i took them out and i dropped down 2". but i should have done that when i installed the bags. lol..

so the only thing i can contribute to this is...

you can cut them in 1/2 and stil be fine. thats hat i did when i was on b&g coils. again, apples to oranges.

ok im leaving this thread since i have contributed nothing.

good day sir.

-jd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I shall take some before and after pics and my initial impressions of the setup after the springs settle.

Any one else out there with their own input/experiences?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Let me say this. Give the springs a couple weeks to settle. My set up was a bit too bouncy at first. But after a couple weeks, the ride smoothed out as the springs settled.

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
Let me say this. Give the springs a couple weeks to settle. My set up was a bit too bouncy at first. But after a couple weeks, the ride smoothed out as the springs settled.
this. this is the best piece of advice. springs can be anywhere fom 1/8' - 1/4" off because they arent seated yet.

-jd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts