NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Low & Slow
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on www.sebeetles.com (which is a special edition beetle site in case you didnt know) and it said there were only 25 vortex blue beetles released in 2001. is that true? i heard between 2000-2500 on this site. but is that just in america? i am pretty sure the site is foreign considering it spells color funny. so in that country there were only 25 or what?

·
;P
2,677 Posts
FallinApartBoy said:
i was on www.sebeetle.com (which is a special edition beetle site in case you didnt know) and it said there were only 25 vortex blue beetles released in 2001. is that true? i heard between 2000-2500 on this site. but is that just in america? i am pretty sure the site is foreign considering it spells color funny. so in that country there were only 25 or what?
ITs a CC right :confused:

its rarer then my plat grey :wink:

oh and alot of countries spell "color" "colour"

·
;P
2,677 Posts
FallinApartBoy said:
did you go and read that website? why would it say that? who would actually know?

it might just be that 25 were orignally produced for the initial testing of the color... I know there are more then that now a days

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Here I am! I have an all black leather interior. That's the only way the Blue Vortex came. Nothing blue,(other than the top part of the door) nothing grey, just completely black. It's my understanding that this is in itself a rareity. I think only one other limited edition color came this way and I can't remember which it was. I have seen a few vortex's on the road so I doubt they were limited to 25. I believe it was 2000 issued.

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Yes I looked at the site. Where do they get their info? It's not complete. Where is Reflex yellow? I think I'll call VWoA and ask them :)
I was pulled over for speeding last year and the state trooper actually wrote PURPLE for the car color on the ticket :p Almost makes it worth the fine:)

·
Low & Slow
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hate that. i was at ritters (an amazing ice cream shop) and this little boy and his mom got out of their car and the little boy punched his mom and was like "slug bug purple" and she was like "that doesnt count its blue it says so on the plates". made me laugh. but all my friends made fun of me and said i drove a purple beetle. i dont see where people get purple from. back on subject....DID YOU CALL YET!?!

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Ok, I'm back.
Stephanie at VWoA says she doesn't show Blue Vortex as a limited edition color :eek: I find this hard to believe. She just shows riviera blue and snap orange. I bet she was looking at the CC instead :rolleyes:

·
#1 Auntie
4,549 Posts
FallinApartBoy said:
:eek:hnoes: what does it all mean? i am so confused. SOMEONE HELP! ANYONE! :banghead:
It's alright...
Relax...
Breathe...
There ya go... breathe...

:D

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Fowvay said:
25 2000 Vortex blue NB's

1950 2001 Vortex blue NB's

45 2001 Vortex blue NB's with the AWV

2 2001 Vortex TDi's

I thought there was only one Vortex blue with the TDI and that it went to some lucky person in Canada. I love that color!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Tom is correct though I'm not sure about the 2 TDI. There is one for sure.

The 25 in 2000 had grey or beige interiors - not the total black. The ones from 2001 are all total black.

One of those 2001 versions was mine. Gone but not forgotten. :(

1 - 20 of 64 Posts