NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
someone PMd me and asked me how to do this, so i though i'd post it for all to see, if you need help. let me know if anything is unclear!
----
once you’re in the new, newbeetle.org forums, go to User CP.
under settings and options along the left-hand side, click edit signature.
you will see a screen like this:

(see screen shot 1)

write what you would like to have in your signature.

now go and find the web page you’d like to link to. once you are on that page, highlight the text in the address bar, right click and select copy.

(see screen shot 2)

go back to your signature and highlight the text you want to link. then select the insert link button.

(see screen shot 3)

you will then see this screen:

(see screen shot 4)

paste (either right click and select paste, or press control V on your keyboard) the address of the page you want to link to in this dialog box. click OK. you will now see that your text is underlined and linked to the page you wanted.

Attachments

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fowvay said:
I find it easier to open up note pad and just type it out and then copy and paste it in.
good job! not everyone knows how to write html though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
callisto9 said:
good job! not everyone knows how to write html though. ;)
But it's not HTML, it's vb Code :p

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
squeebug said:
But it's not HTML, it's vb Code :p
true, on the old forums, it WAS vb code, which i found harder than html. either way, props to you tom for doing it manually! i think it's the harder way, so though you say you're a dolt when it comes to computers, you've one-upped me here; i can't figure out vb code, and html, eh, so so! ;)

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Callisto,

Whats up kid?

Callie, You're one bad mamma jamma. Im no techno wiz or anything like that but i'm quite impressed with the screen shots and all. Too smooth for me?:cool: Thanks for the help. I'm gonna have to go back and try it again. I think I missed a step and can't access the link.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
scarabY2k said:
Finally, I did it. Love you long time. Tanks again for the help.
no problem! now i can see your pretty face all the time! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts