NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesaholic
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Make sure your rear emblem is centered on its mount and lines up with the antenna (hatch open and up)

2. mark a center line using the "V" formed by the bottom of the W, mark it down towards the edge of the hatch.

3. now this can be different, just where you like it. I measure up from the bottom edge, up, of the hatch in about 5 places. made marks, then drew a line based on those marks.

4. on the emblems package, (will have to use masking tape if the emblem does not have any on the front) measure and make center marks, in both directions.

5. peel the back of the logo, hold over your marks, line them up, look at it, and make sure it looks right, then press it on and rub each letter good and hard to make sure they are stuck on good.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do you have a shot of what it looks like from farther away? Mine has the logo towards the lower right side of the hatch, but I'll be swapping hatches soon. Mine is dented, has a cracked 3rd brake light, lift struts are shot and now the latch release motor crapped out. I'm picking up a whole perfect hatch for $100 (cheaper than the individual parts) so I'll need to redo the TDI logo and figured I'd see what looks best.

·
Diesaholic
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a shot of what it looks like from farther away? Mine has the logo towards the lower right side of the hatch, but I'll be swapping hatches soon. Mine is dented, has a cracked 3rd brake light, lift struts are shot and now the latch release motor crapped out. I'm picking up a whole perfect hatch for $100 (cheaper than the individual parts) so I'll need to redo the TDI logo and figured I'd see what looks best.

·
Diesaholic
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts