VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a 2000 1.8T for 18 years, just bought an '04 1.8T. I find the deployment of the spoiler at 48mph and lowering at 5 mph extremely annoying. Is there a way to deactivate it with removing a fuse or some other means??? My 2000 1.8T deployed somewhere around 90 mph which was nice and I never had any stability issues with it it doin the down position.

Any suggestions ???

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
The only thing i can think of; is to swap the controller for a earlier model, to get the higher speed activation feature or pull the door panel and unplug the wing motor, to disable it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you own a vag com cable? I was able to re program the rear spoiler to pop out at 80mph or higher with my vag com cable and my laptop.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
Could you please share; the steps involved with VCDS, to do this? This is the first time; i have ever heard the specific activation speeds, as being a programmable feature with a vw specific scan tool like vcds from ross tech! I have a 2002 Turbo s model; the wing activates, much earlier, then my 2000 GLX 1.8T did. This would be good info to document here; so in the future, others can copy and follow the same procedure you did, to change theses settings. I have had my Turbo s since new and the wing doesn't bother me but many passengers in my car, wonder what the aound is; when the wing keeps going up/down, at the lower speeds. The benefit of the wings downforce; is said to only be needed, in the 75 mph plus speeds so disabling the lower speed spoiler/wing activation, would be nice. If you are willing to; please share this info with us! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will do I'll have to hook it up again God I re programmed the spoiler six years ago but definitely I'll post every detailed step I did! Mine also pooped out only at 45 mph and I got it to pop out at a higher speed. But yes let me do it again and I'll post it here!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will do I'll have to hook it up again God I re programmed the spoiler six years ago but definitely I'll post every detailed step I did! Mine also pooped out only at 45 mph and I got it to pop out at a higher speed. But yes let me do it again and I'll post it here!!
Any news?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts