NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Unless you are changing the fuel lines no need to remove them. They are easy to work around.for the timing belt and water pump replacement. They have a small piece which gets pushed in to unlock them from the fitting. Same kind of mechanism is on the fuel filter in rear by the fuel tank,

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you are changing the fuel lines no need to remove them. They are easy to work around.for the timing belt and water pump replacement.
Hmm.. okay. I just thought the more space the better.

They have a small piece which gets pushed in to unlock them from the fitting. Same kind of mechanism is on the fuel filter in rear by the fuel tank,
Thanks, I've figured it out and was about to post an answer but you was faster:) However only two came off easily. Is there a special tool? I've disconnected EVAP (?) hoses, but not actual fuel lines.

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
Take them out when you are doing timing belt/water pump. So much more room to work with. All you do is squeeze the connection, and they pop right off. Label them all, because you can put two on backwards ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take them out when you are doing timing belt/water pump. So much more room to work with. All you do is squeeze the connection, and they pop right off. Label them all, because you can put two on backwards ;)
I already did! Indeed there are tons of space now. My finger tips feel numb still:) I got an experience for the next time I'm going to replace fuel filter.
Unfortunately coolant expansion tank is still no go even with the lid removed. Oh well I can get an access to most bolts (but not the 2nd of support side bracket I can skip) and without fuel lines in the way it feels better.
P.S. And there is no chance to mess it up as they are color coded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts