NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im new to this forum and i was searching around but i couldnt find any posts about how to get 500-600 hp from my beetle i was wondering what are all the parts i would need in great detail please and how much i need to spend i have about $6,000 so i was wondering is it less or more. Any help would be appreciated even links to maybe searches i couldnt find if i am reopening a dead post, sry about that.:D
Currently the car just has an Apr chip,Ram air intake and an apr r1 diverter valve
Im kinda confused also about which aftermarket big turbo to go with and all its parts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Im new to this forum and i was searching around but i couldnt find any posts about how to get 500-600 hp from my beetle i was wondering what are all the parts i would need in great detail please and how much i need to spend i have about $6,000 so i was wondering is it less or more. Any help would be appreciated even links to maybe searches i couldnt find if i am reopening a dead post, sry about that.:D
Currently the car just has an Apr chip,Ram air intake and an apr r1 diverter valve
Im kinda confused also about which aftermarket big turbo to go with and all its parts

sure, let someone else do all your homework for you......

:eek: you've got $6000!!! and only need 500-600hp? while i haven't done much research on the subject, i'd ballpark you're at least $20,000 short....but would love someone to prove me wrong with junkyard war monster...

good luck!

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
6K will get you about 350 from a 1.8t using APR's stage 3 kit.

20K will get you a 500hp twin turbo vr6 w/ all wheel drive from HPA Motorsports.
HPA Motorsports is defiantely the way to go... check out youtube videos. Like noR said, it's a twin turbo VR6 to get that kind of power. And I'm not certain but I'm thinking $26000 may not be enough, lol.

HPA uses all factory parts for vw's, the all-wheel drive is all vw/audi parts and so are the K03 turbos. Best part everything is still covered by VW's warranty.

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
HPA Motorsports is defiantely the way to go... check out youtube videos. Like noR said, it's a twin turbo VR6 to get that kind of power. And I'm not certain but I'm thinking $26000 may not be enough, lol.

HPA uses all factory parts for vw's, the all-wheel drive is all vw/audi parts and so are the K03 turbos. Best part everything is still covered by VW's warranty.

Yeah. Its about $10k to add the AWD just to handle that power

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I'll sell you this for a Dollar :ha:

·
Registered
553 Posts
lets see big turbo forged pistons, new prgressive nitrous system about 250hp would do it. but with it you would need better converter if automatic, clutch adn pressure plate if manual. aftermarket intake and exhaust and programable ecm. Yeah $6000 would do it. But how long it lasts depend on your control of your big foot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts