NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
The switch knob for the power mirrors broke off!!! How do you get to it??? The front part seems to come loose from the inner door, but the rear part, where the handle is dosn't!
Any help??? Earl

·
Send Money
1,135 Posts
Take the interior door panel off...

Three Torx screws at the bottom, 2 inside the handle (gently pry the cover off) lift straight up.. check for wires inside the door panel, and where they are attached.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
blue'99 said:
The switch knob for the power mirrors broke off!!! How do you get to it??? The front part seems to come loose from the inner door, but the rear part, where the handle is dosn't!
Any help??? Earl
Same thing happened in our Beetle too. We thought about gluing it back on, but just our luck it would break off again...... Good luck.

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
switch?

boblamb58 said:
Take the interior door panel off...

Three Torx screws at the bottom, 2 inside the handle (gently pry the cover off) lift straight up.. check for wires inside the door panel, and where they are attached.

Ok, Bob, Does the painted metal piece come off with the doorliner??? Earl:confused:

·
75 year old car nut
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fowvay said:
I'm not Bob.. but yes it does and shhhh its painted plastic. ;)
You'd never know it, it even sounds like metal?? Earl

·
Silverpodgirl
95 Posts
Mine too mirror

I used mine a total of about 2 times and then noticed it was gone...broke off. Way too many "cosmetic" issues with this car I have had it almost 5 years and am tired of things just breaking off. Some of it was fixed under the scuky 24,000 warranty, but of course it all broke again.

·
50% OLD (o\_l_/o) School
1,432 Posts
Mirror switch done

Just did this. Cost to me, $22.50 for part and 30 mins of labour. Not bad... not bad.

If I went to the dealer it would cost near $50 for the switch and not to mention labour.

Ebay all the way!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts