VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put in a gentex auto dimming mirror with homelink....
Anyone know how to remove the factory mirror stalk? I already popped off the little mirror....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trying to put in a gentex auto dimming mirror with homelink....
Anyone know how to remove the factory mirror stalk? I already popped off the little mirror....
Not sure what you mean exactly by the "mirror stalk" but to remove the mirror you should just have to put a pair of pliers on it (may want to use a towel in between so you don't mar it up) and turn it a 1/4 turn to the left. It will come off. The mount on the windshield will stay.

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Not sure what you mean exactly by the "mirror stalk" but to remove the mirror you should just have to put a pair of pliers on it (may want to use a towel in between so you don't mar it up) and turn it a 1/4 turn to the left. It will come off. The mount on the windshield will stay.
I'm about to try this but I'm hesitant since I broke off the mount and the windshield on my F-150 trying to do this.

1/4 turn to the left, eh? :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm about to try this but I'm hesitant since I broke off the mount and the windshield on my F-150 trying to do this.

1/4 turn to the left, eh? :eek:
Yup, not a lot of force at all. So if it's not moving don't go over board. You might even be able to do it by hand instead of any tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts