NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the rear o2 sensor is the one behind the catalytic converter right? and the front one is the one on the manifold? Anyways, I just recently had the one the on the manifold replaced. I'm getting a check engine code for the catalytic converter which the shop told me the other o2 sensor is bad so I figure that is whats throwing the error(p0420). I can't find a solid "how to" video or anything for the car. I figure its easy. 2001 New Beetle 2.0 B. Thanks in advanced.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Are you sure its the o2 sensor? It certainly can be but that code is *usually* a bad cat. Where are you located? I'd try to find someone with VAG-COM that can take some readings for you. You can take a look at the o2 sensors with that and see if they are working as they should.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not 100% sure. The shop said both sensors were toast, but than again that could just be them trying to make a buck. My brother(who is selling me the car) replaced the cat very recently(although it is universal). I live in Fort Worth but work in Dallas, Tx. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I think it is on the cat at the aft portion on that one.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts