VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
squirreljuice
391 Posts
Okay, this speaker broke down, do you know what it is, so that I can order it?
Your best bet is to grab the part number off of the speaker housing and call the nearest VW dealer to see if they are even made anymore. You may be able to find some out of wrecked vehicles, but no guarantee they will last very long. I’d recommend replacing the speaker with after market speakers of the same size (if you can find them) or installing new speakers completely. If memory serves, you can fit a 3-4 inch speaker in there with a custom fabricated mount, but I was running a separate amp and had deleted the factory Monsoon system.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would just get a set of component speakers and do away with those. Better sound and you don't have to jack with that one. Plus you'll have better sound because you can now use the tweeter to help with the direction of the music. Instead of the sound bouncing off the window, now with the placement of the tweeter. You will hear the sound better because it's pointed at you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just get a set of component speakers and do away with those. Better sound and you don't have to jack with that one. Plus you'll have better sound because you can now use the tweeter to help with the direction of the music. Instead of the sound bouncing off the window, now with the placement of the tweeter. You will hear the sound better because it's pointed at you.
I don't know what exactly to buy :( could you send a sample model?

·
Registered
979 Posts
You have to remove the panel. To do so you need to remove the cover between the two sides by sliding it towards the windshield. This reveals torx screws which need to be removed. You should then be able to remove the panel for access to the speaker (it’s actually two). There are factory part #s identifying them. Search dash removal on the forum for more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts