NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to start a thread!

I have noticed most Newbies, and a number of Oldtimers, who start Threads, which ultimately end up containing valuable advice, information, etc, but fail to add search Tags at the bottom of the original post. These must be added before the post is submitted for the first time. The post cannot be edited later for the purpose of including the tags or for the purpose of changing the Title or adding an Icon to the Title.

When starting a Thread, just below the box in which you type your submittal, is a box for these Tags. You can enter up to five, separated by commas. The use of these makes finding information, by others, much easier in the future.

For example, tags for this Thread might be:
tags, thread tags, thread tagging, search tag, search tags

You post, looking for help, give everyone else help by doing this.

And for doing a thread or post search, and I just found this out recently, you must search using a word of a minimum four letters. The search function will not recognize three or less letters.

MORAV

·
6 Is Better Than 5 ;)
1,055 Posts
The post cannot be edited later for the purpose of including the tags or for the purpose of changing the Title or adding an Icon to the Title.[/I]

MORAV
Funny..I'm able to add tags to your threads....sure you got ur info correct? :cryslap:

·
Super Moderator
20,823 Posts
So how come you didn't put in any tags for this post :biglaugh: :lol::roflmao:
Palmettoguy, you forgot one... adding it to the list. :rolleyes:
:roflmao:
Y'all are in need of serious psychiatric help:lol: You too Jose:lol:

FWIW, you guys have brought back a good/crazy vibe that was being lost here on the org- big props and thanks for keeping me laughing:lol:

So where's J.Acre:dunno:

In all seriousness, this IS a good thread. Never really new about the tag feature. I've always seen it there at the bottom, but never knew what the meaning of it was.

Way to go big Mo!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was a little confused by his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang pic, now with this chicken butt pic, well, I really don't know, maybe he's suggesting we kiss his arse! Toad is always a little off. You know, not the brightest light on the Christams tree! Not the sharpest tool in the shed! One brick short of a full load! Probably the reason he has taken "toad" as his web psydonym! We just all try to overlook it!

MORAV

And btw, fill me in on how to add a Tag, I haven't been able to figure it out!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Darlin', that's not the kind of tag we are talkin' about! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Just click the "Edit Tag" button ;)
Okay Mr. Savvy Smart A$$, just where do you find THAT? I can edit the Title, but I sure don't find a way to add any Tags.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts