NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
254 Posts
Pink Zebra

Here are the pictures once I got done with it.

I have done upholstered cotton fabric, vinyl, and faux leather. All very simple to do. Check out of the other covers I have done to give you inspiration and ideas for design. The sky is the limit with the Bug Dash.

The Bug Dash www.thebugdash.com
[email protected]
(805) 714-4000

·
J_$
11 Posts
not to sound like a total ass, but most people drive VW's to keep it classy, i would rather not kno that there are people out there that actually think that is tasteful... remove asap.

·
"bollox"
49 Posts
Seriously, people can do anything to their cars they want to.. If you like a classy VW, then make YOURS classy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow lots of haters in here. If you like it or not is not what this thread is about, if I am not mistaken. I for one find it interesting. If you need a dash replacement and don't just want everyday black I can see where this might be an alternative.

Granted the examples of fabric are a bit more exotic than what I would choose. I would like to see pics of the leather work that was done if possible?

-M

·
Registered
15 Posts
What sucks ass about this idea is that the print you decide to put on your dash glares like hell when the sun is shining...or even when its not.

I like the leather work too, was thinking about doing that myself, anyone has that please post some photos!

·
"bollox"
49 Posts
What sucks ass about this idea is that the print you decide to put on your dash glares like hell when the sun is shining...or even when its not.
I work at a canvas shop where we make tipees, tents and do upholstery. No matter what, you're going to see everything on your dash reflecting in the windshield, but most fabrics absorb light. Unless you pick a shiny or reflective material (like leather or nylon), you will actually see less of a reflection driving down the road than you would if you had no cover on it at all. The only thing that makes it seem like it reflects more is the vibrant colors..:rolleyes:

·
I don't care.....
786 Posts
I'm going to stick my foot in and say those dash things are foul. They look cheap and probably are cheap, the same as those clip on covers for the dash centre as well.

Just take the dash parts off and trim them, simple.

·
Semi-Lurk Mode: GOOOOO
2,842 Posts
I'm going to stick my foot in and say those dash things are foul. They look cheap and probably are cheap, the same as those clip on covers for the dash centre as well.

Just take the dash parts off and trim them, simple.
Yep, they are horrid. Mine scratched my dash all to hell and bowed up hardcore when the heater was on on a cold day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts