NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have any How-To's that you would like to see posted in the How-To forums or know of any good How-To's from the Old Site - please post links in this thread and we will work to get them posted there as soon as we can.

Thanks! :goodjob:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I have made a backup copy of the Mirror Swap Howto on BugMod.com. I think it could be a very good howto to post here on the org, but BugMod is no longer available, but I'm not sure how copyrights work on this kind of material.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Basher said:
I have made a backup copy of the Mirror Swap Howto on BugMod.com. I think it could be a very good howto to post here on the org, but BugMod is no longer available, but I'm not sure how copyrights work on this kind of material.
I say post it and wait for a cease and desist. Why the heck not?

john

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Here's my request:
I would like a HOW-TO on removing the center portions of the dash. As in the portion closest to the window as well as the portion in which the radio is. I want to mod mine, but don't know how to remove them.

Thanks...

john

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basher said:

I have those as well - just working my way to getting them up as I have spare time - in the mean time if there is a particular one that you want to see posted, let me know and I will put it at the top of my list. If you check out the How-To's you might see that there are two are three that have been posted already.

I contacted a few of the authors at Bugmod and tried as hard as I could to contact the owner - we finally decided that we tried to contact and we are giving the website (which no longer exists), the authors and the photographers full credit...even leaving the bugmod logos on all images came from their site so everyone knows that they were the ones that originated the material.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FineExampl said:
Here's my request:
I would like a HOW-TO on removing the center portions of the dash. As in the portion closest to the window as well as the portion in which the radio is. I want to mod mine, but don't know how to remove them.

Thanks...

john

Good suggestion - until I can get them written or transferred check out these two threads...
http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44628

http://forums.newbeetle.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34152

You will need to remove the radio in your center console so you will need to get a set of radio keys from ebay or your dealer - they are worth the $11 bucks they cost.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Sounds like you are looking for Des's mods!
I'll have to see if he has posted his...if not I got a hot poker:D
Are you saying I'm cheap? Is that it? ;)

I might have a few new "geh'tow" tricks up my sleeve... :D

-Des

1 - 11 of 11 Posts