VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter informed me when she was about 7 that her first car would be a yellow bug. Well, she's 16 now - so of course we had to go find her a yellow bug.

I think I scored a fairly decent deal. It's a 2001 Beetle Turbo GLS, and looks to be in pretty good shape - runs great, shifts great, drives great, and stops great. No leaks, no major damage, blows cold AC, and under 150k miles. After a bit of negotiation, I got him down to $2100.

It's got the typical issues - door panels need a bit of attention, every interior plastic surface is "sticky", and there are a few minor bits and bobs I've got to figure out - but with the single exception of the sunroof, which pops up, but won't slide - everything works.

Needless to say - she's pretty stoked.

In any case - I'm sure I'll be having a few zillion questions. The last bug I owned was a '68, and that was better than 20 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
The smile in that pic is well worth getting it for her :)
Very nice to see her dream as a little kid come to light!
Welcome to the org family. Very happy to have you all a part of us.
For all your zillion beetle questions, there's an answer here. The search feature is your friend. Also, if you search via Google, and end your search with "newbeetle.org", Google will pop up searches for your query.

We're here to help you and your daughter's beetle experience to be a happy one. Don't be a stranger...post often :wave2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome and great photo of your daughter!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts