NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm James. I just purchased a used Batik Blue 02 2.0 and I have no idea why I din't get a NB sooner because I totally dig this car - it's as if it were made for me. In fact, I suppose a description of this car would also do a fair job of describing myself:

- Distinctive and very handsome exterior
- Strange interior until you get used to it
- A tiny bit expensive but worth it
- Sometimes impractical
- Fun
- Not the fastest around, but will get the job done with world renowned precision and attention to detail
- Nice handling until pushed beyond limits
- Shiny UV resistant coating

Other than that, I usually ride a motorcycle (Kawasaki ZRX-1200R or Suzuki SV-650) and use the car for rain, snow, below 32deg F or to carry stuff. Before getting hooked on fast bikes, I was pretty much a VW guy having owned a '66 Beetle, a '76 Rabbit (my favorite till the NB came along), and an '02 GTI VR6. The VR6 was disappointing because I discovered that it is a dangerous toy in my hands. I smacked it up....twice....my only accidents after 18yrs of safe driving. My wife loves it though, so now it's hers - I'll happily take a signifigant horsepower cut to keep me out of trouble :)

I'm an avid audiophile and also repair, modify, restore and build fine/exotic audio equipment. I love music and have been a musician for 20 years - mostly agressive "alternative" math-rock, hardcore, industrial, & techno stuff - typical Gen X'er fare. I'm a reactionary liberal type, and yes, I own several Macintosh computers and only use a PC when "they" make me do it.

I live in central New Jersey, home of Joyce Kilmer (now deceased), Rutgers University, and where the weak are killed and eaten.

I tend to be a lurker, but would like to make it to a GTG one of these days. Until then - Happy trails!

Cheers,
-JamesW-

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
woodman1200 said:
,- Sometimes impractical
Yes, but you'll be just amazed at what will fit....:D
The funnest! :clap:
and an '02 GTI VR6. My wife loves it though, so now it's hers -
Congratulations for Double Dubness! :party:

Welcome to the Org! :wave3:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
What's up James...central Jersey here as well. Welcome aboard. The CJ people are a rare breed here. We're a dying few.

I may be hosting a bit of a GTG one of these days, check out the NE section and i'll post it there.

John

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

So far I have no complaints about the car except for the Monsoon stereo, but that's only because I'm an audio snob :) At some point in the near future I plan on getting a boomerang spoiler for a more sporting look. Ultimately, I'd like to lower the car by 20mm or so, add swaybars, and more rigid engine mounts...if I win the lottery.

John, what's the difference between a 2002 and a 2002.5 NB? I wanna see what I've got, and I know precious little about the car as I've had it for less than a week.

Thanks,
-JamesW-

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
nice write up james! and welcome to the .org! sounds like you'll fit in well here! we're glad to have you. :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts