NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Newbies. I just bought a set of 19" TSW rims for my NB, and I was told I may possibly need to run a set of Hubcentric rings to help with possible vibration, but when I look them up, there are a ton of different millimeter sizes for the inner and outer dimension!

What size Hubcentric rings do you guys run? Will the outer size depend on my rim. I can figure that out probably, but what is the inner size for the hub on an '01 Beetle?

I really, really appreciate the help. Thanks all!! :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
What you need is a hub centering ring. Not necessarily a spacer but more to center the wheel on the hub if the wheel has a bigger bore than the wheel. The VW NB hub bore is 57.1mm. You just need to take them to a wheel shop and they should be able to tell you and/or sell you a set that will fit your wheel and car. They are pretty cheap. They're just a plastic ring.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prefect! Thanks for the info. I should be able to measure the inner diameter of the rim and figure out my other measurement from there. I appreciate the help! :)

What you need is a hub centering ring. Not necessarily a spacer but more to center the wheel on the hub if the wheel has a bigger bore than the wheel. The VW NB hub bore is 57.1mm. You just need to take them to a wheel shop and they should be able to tell you and/or sell you a set that will fit your wheel and car. They are pretty cheap. They're just a plastic ring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts