NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ya'll, I just picked up my new truck today. a 1991 jeep comanche SporTruck. 2.5l 4 cylinder amc/chrysler 150 (used from 87-02 in many chrysler family vehicles) with a 4-speed manual transmission. 279,520 miles and it runs like it has 50,000 miles. she's a bit rusty on the rockers and the wheel wells of the bed but it's nothing some body work cant fix up. I'll get pictures of it as soon as I get my camera back ( I let the grandparents borrow it, but I dont get to see them alot anymore since I moved an hour up north of them). I really like this truck so it will be sticking around for awhile.

As of right now the planned "mods" for the truck are as follows:
K&N drop in air filter
revert back to stock bench seat from bucket seats
rust repair on cab and box
paint job (possibly)
15" rims that look better than the standard 15" steelies that are on it.

although that sounds like a mighty expensive list, a good friend of mine is going to help me with the body work and paint, I can take care of the rest at the local junk yards.

I'm really glad that everyone in the new beetle community is still supportive of us who have lost our beloved bugs due to unforseen or unfortunete circumstances. dont worry folks, I still have my 71 super beetle and Bridgette (my 99 bug) still lives on in my heart as my favorite car ever, but if ya continue to listen to "huck731's wonderful world of automobiles" I think you will find a pleasent surprise in abotu 1.5-2 years;).

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
What, no pics? :dunno:

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have pictures, now I just need to upload them. I also believe I should earn some sort of medal or award for being a dedicated photographer, I got my truck stuck just so I could get a picture.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm planning that swap for after I get my next car

pictures anyone.

·
turbo
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll jus tleave this hear for ya'll

1 - 10 of 10 Posts