NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Block
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow orgers. I am wondering if any of you can help me out. I am looking for a VW dealership in the St. Louis area where I can take my car while I am down there to get it worked on. I have been having serious performance issues with it. The car can barely get up to 80MPH any more and I don't know why. I have replaced the MAF a couple of times and that seemed to fix the issue the first time, now it is not fixing the problem. I would take it to my local dealer, but with the number of problems I have had with them, I don't trust them to fix anything serious on the car, or even find the cause of the problem. Any help would be great. Thanks all. :confused:

·
Go Sox!
82 Posts
I suggest joining tdiclub.com. The folks over there have tremendous knowledge about the TDI's, and it wouldn't surprise me if there is someone in the St. Louis area who is an expert in working on these cars and would charge you less than any dealership.

How many miles on your car? There are several potential problems that can cause a loss of power, and it could be that the intake manifold needs cleaning.

·
Go Sox!
82 Posts
I am certainly not in the know when it comes to the diesel engine, but there are many on the other site who are experts. I do know that if your intake manifold has never been cleaned, that could be causing the symptoms you describe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts